Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter Dinner for Two

I love Easter! Actually I love the Spring Equinox but I can get Easter off, so that is when I celebrate. I love the spring-time food, I love that it is warming up outside, I love how fertile the earth is, and I love the egg-hunts!! Last year I hosted an Easter party that was huge. My father and I planned the entire menu and did all of the cooking. I planned an adult egg-hunt with prizes. We had 28 people over for the festivities. It was so much fun!

(Thank you Jamie Oliver!)

This year, I decided to keep it quite. Mom and Dad weren't going to be home, and my friends are having children and starting their own traditions. So I made a lamb roast for two along with potatoes, a green salad, and a strawberry tart. It was quite a challenge getting everything done with just a toaster oven, but it all went quite smoothly.
I did miss the crowd and the egg-hunt...may have to do the big shin-dig again next year!

1 comment:

  1. I am in awe of what you do with a toaster oven. I have a full kitchen and can't put together meals like this, although I'm certainly going to try.

    ReplyDelete