Thursday, January 14, 2010

Its in the bag...


I went to the market to get another whole chicken to roas
t, mostly to get some pictures this time! And they were out!! I had to settle for thighs. I say "settle" though in reality the thigh is one of my favorite parts of a bird. I am a sucker for dark meat...what can I say.
Now...what to do with them? I was telling my mother-in-law, Joan, about my blog and my cooking endeavors and she told me one of hers. She had roasted chicken in a brown bag, simply putting a little butter under the skin, some salt and peppe
r and poof! The best chicken she had had in awhile! "I can do this too!" I thought. So I did...

I added some red potatoes, sweet onion, carrots and fresh herbs. I was also thinking gravy. A nice traditional roast. And boy did it turn out good!!


My gosh I'm cooking a lot of chicken lately!! I have got to do something else!

1 comment:

  1. El yummo! My new favorite easy dinner is to stick a sweet potato in the toaster oven to roast. Mmmmmm... sweet potato...

    ReplyDelete